Friday, May 13, 2011

copycat

Remember the skirt that Kayla dyed?  And remember how much cuter it was than the original?  I decided to copy her idea.  I had two white skirts in my closet, both with very similar shapes.  Totally unnecessary, right?  So I took one and dyed the bottom 2/3 yellow with Sunflower Yellow Rit dye.  This is how it turned out:





I was totally planning on dying the top part blue, but I realized that I really kind of liked the yellow and white.  So I'm going to leave it as-is for a while before I add the blue.  That way it's like two totally new skirts!  Nobody will ever know.  And I am all about getting more bang for my buck.  


 

9 comments:

  1. Cute! I have some things lying around that I need to try dying! I am your newest follower. Come over to Greetings From the Asylum and follow me too! Thanks for sharing. I'm visiting from Tatertots and Jello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea to give it a new look. It turned out great! I like the yellow and white, too. (via Tatertots and Jello)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is sooo cute!!! i LOVE refashions! i have been doing a lot lately mostly because my closet needs a makeover haha...you should check out my blog. madisonavenue2011.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great way to upcycle an old skirt! I agree with you I like the yellow and white..very springy!

    Delighted Momma

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUte! I have a couple white dresses I just might try this on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out SO cute! Well done.

    Kayla
    Freckles in April

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This turned out fabulous!!
    Thank you so much for sharing this @ {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    Hope to see you again tomorrow! :)
    xoxo from Germany,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete