We are just two sisters who love to sew.
1. I am a high school physics teacher.
2. I love my job. A lot.
3. I am a runner, and hope to be able to call myself a marathon runner after October 1. (I am registered for the St. George Marathon.)
4. I have an unbelievable sweet tooth that I am trying my best to tame. (Mostly unsuccessfully.)
5. I really enjoy going to movies by myself.
6. I don't think I have ever cried in a movie. (Does this make me cold-hearted? Maybe.)
7. I am and always have been an avid reader. During summer break (oh, the joys of teaching) I spend approximately 90% of my waking minutes reading.
8. I am buying a house this summer. So expect some home improvement posts in the near future!
9. I am a night owl. When I was in the third grade, I would stay up until 3 am reading books (see #7). My mom hated it because it made it nearly impossible to wake me up in time for school. (I still do this sometimes.)
10. I was a mechanical engineering major but as graduation approached, the thought of applying for an engineering job made me want to vomit. So I got a job teaching at a private high school instead. I count this as one of the best decisions of my life.
11. The only thing that will ever make me leave teaching is having a baby. Not even winning the lottery.
1. I'm a stay-at-home mom to one adorable little girl named Violet.
2. In addition to sewing, I also do photography and painting. I was even once commissioned to paint a portrait of my teacher's daughter.
3. I love camping and being outdoors. Our other sister calls me a hippie for this and other reasons.
4. My husband and I went on a 2-week camping trip with our daughter when she was 9 months old. We all loved it.
5. My husband is working on his Ph.D in Geology.
6. He shares many of my same talents, and we enjoy working on projects together. That is, if I don't get jealous because he does something better than I can. I'm really mature like that.
7. Someone once asked me if I was Brittany's twin. (I'm not.)
8. Hablo español.
9. I am a hula hoop champion.
10. Although I was interested in what I studied in college (Spanish and anthropology), I could never see myself doing anything in those fields. Being a mom is great because I can still learn about anything that interests me and spend my free time doing more creative things. And I just love being with Violet...